14-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 12
“What are You Resisting Right Now?
I ask myself, “What are you resisting right now? I know it’s fear fostering my resistance from moving forward, taking the next step, and breaking through my comfort zone. But it is just that fear which I must face, which each of us faces, when taking a chance. It’s pushing through the what if’s, worry, and anxiety. Where does it stem from. Well, this can be different for each of us.
I know where mine stem’s from, during my childhood, when I started picking up the phone, to speak with family and family friends. Not everyone who called understood my answering, and one who certainly did not, said: “Children should be seen and not heard”. The voice I heard then became an inner voice which would surface when I’d face a decision in school and social situations about speaking, and which would often keep me from speaking up.
So I am acknowledging the “voice” of resistance, and determined to burst forth from that uncomfortable place of resistance. It may pop up from time to time, and I will look at it differently now, facing it, and speaking up as I am moving ahead. So, I may wonder, and ask myself:
- Am I saying something of importance?
- Will others hear what I am saying and my meaning?
- Will my writing ( and readings) touch others?
- Will what I say be liked (or maybe, it will not)?
- Will what I say be criticized?
- Will people like my work?
- Will folks identify with me?
- Will folks identify with my thoughts?
- Will I have inspired?
- Will I have been encouraging?
- Will I have made a difference?
These are also the questions which will inspire me to move forward and push forth through any resistance I may have or have had.
What are you resisting right now?